Policy on Youth Volunteers at the Roots and Blues Festival and Parties
1. It is Festival policy that all volunteers between the ages of 14 and 17 must be the children of an active volunteer or be sponsored by an active adult volunteer who will take responsibility for them. The Festival reserves the right to determine who will be acceptable as responsible adults. The parent or responsible adult must sign a consent form before a minor is formally assigned to a crew.
2. All youth volunteers will be expected to fulfill duties in order to receive volunteer benefits. They will be expected to conduct themselves appropriately.
3. Volunteers between the ages of 14-17 will be placed to the best of the volunteer coordinator’s ability but there is limited space available and there are no guarantees of volunteers being placed.
4. Volunteers under the age of 16 will not be assigned to handle cash.
5. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied to the Volunteer party by an adult sponsor.
6. All Youth Volunteers who are not accompanied by their Volunteer Sponsor will be asked to leave the Festival immediately if they are found in the Beer Garden, or any other area serving an alcoholic beverage.
Volunteer Committees Open to Youths (14-17 yrs)
• Volunteer Lounge: help to prepare and serve food to volunteers* must be 15 years
• Children’s Area: Face painting, craft making, games – fun for the kids in general.
• Information Booth: selling programs at the entrance gate* must be 16 years
• Volunteer Centre: assisting volunteers when they access the site* must be 16 years
• Infrastructure Crew – Must be able to lift 30lbs and work outside, 32 hours pre and post festival.