VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
It is with a heavy heart that the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society is announcing that the 2020 edition of the Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Festival will not proceed in the traditional format. While we had remained hopeful that the healing powers of music and community would have the opportunity to prevail, for the safety of everyone involved, and in accordance with Provincial directives, we will not be able to proceed with the 2020 Festival as planned.
Thank you to all who applied to volunteer this year and to all of you for your support. You will all be missed this year! We will return to our traditional Festival format in 2021.
We hope you decide to join us next year!
Stay safe and healthy. Wishing you all the very best!
We have the utmost respect for the skills, time and passion volunteers bring to the festival.
All festival volunteers receive the following:
• A volunteer ID name tag and wristband(s) (provides Friday, Saturday and Sunday festival access)
• A meal from Askews on Friday, and 1 voucher on Saturday and Sunday to use at participating Food Vendors
• Access to the Volunteer Lounge, providing snacks, coffee, and tea throughout the entire weekend
• Access to the volunteer after party on Sunday night
• A volunteer t-shirt
• A volunteer parking pass for the volunteer parking lot
• Discounted volunteer camping *Tent Only*
• Water Bottles
We would like to remind all of our volunteers to bring your own water bottle (BYOWB). The festival will not have plastic water bottles or plastic cups available on site, in an effort to cut down on single-use waste. Water stations will be available during set up and tear down week as well as over the festival weekend. Be environmentally friendly, keep hydrated and BYOWB! Note: Label your water bottle!
• Sunscreen & Hat
Please bring sunscreen and a hat to the festival & shift.
You must wear comfortable closed toe shoes while on shift!
• BYOWB – Bring Your Own Water Bottle
• Please go to the waste stations and dispose of your trash properly
• We have 1 bin each for garbage, recycling, refundables, and compost; please use them appropriately
• Be a host – If you see something you can safely clean up, please do
• Our cups, cutlery, plates etc are all certified compostable, please put them in the compost bin
Please contact us regarding any mobility limitations or accessibility needs. Our Volunteer Department will be happy to assist you with finding the best fit.