The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society produces the largest multicultural event in the interior of British Columbia, hosting a variety of musical genres consisting of up to 36 performers on a compliment of 5 stages, as well as a significant outreach program.
Salmon Arm Folk Music Society seeks a dedicated team player for the position of Volunteer Assistant for the 2015 Roots and Blues Festival. This is a seasonal position from May, 2015 to September, 2015.
Working with the General Manager, Artistic Director, Production Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Board of Directors and festival volunteers, the Volunteer Assistant will be responsible for assisting with all details of volunteer recruitment, training, and scheduling.
– Volunteer recruitment
– Database maintenance
– Scheduling and team development
– Training and meetings
– Effective communication
– Record Keeping
– Inventory and supply management
– Rewards program development
– Grace under pressure
– Drivers License
– Good physical health, with the ability to life heavy objects (35 to 50 lbs)
– Computer skills (Word, Excel, Sage ACT!)
– The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills, be creative and resourceful, and be able to work equally well independently and collaboratively.
– A post-secondary education in arts administration or event or stage management, or similar experience is preferred.
– Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work some evenings and weekends.
To be discussed
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted by email, fax and by post. Please submit a resume and cover letter to David Gonella, Production Manager, fas: 250-833-4097, Roots and Blues, Box 21, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2