Welcome to the Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Festival!
Our objectives are to help provide members of the media with a quiet place to prepare or unwind and to help you get your interviews and shots. We appreciate your support by joining us and by continuing the important work of sharing this amazing festival with the world.
Download previous Media Releases click here.
Access Media Accreditation Form click here.
Writing a story about the festival? Download story starter ideas here.
We are looking to add some awesome Influencers to our team! If you are a fan of the ROOTSandBLUES festival and already attending, and/or available to attend and consider yourself to be a Social Media Pro we would like to invite you to apply to be an Influencer. More Information Here.
The Festival Requests Copies Of Your Media Coverage And Asks For Your Feedback
Volunteer Applications Are Now Closed
- We request that all Media attending the Festival send us copies of any articles or recordings from past years and, upon publication, current articles / recordings that cover the Festival. We collect this information for our archives and we use it to quantify and analyze.
- Due to the nature of a festival this size, planning may be modified. If you have any questions – please do not hesitate to ask. If you have any suggestions to improve our media relations, we’d love to hear them.
- Please submit the attached Media Accreditation Request Form no later than August 7th, 2020. If you are requesting pre-festival telephone interviews please submit by August 7th or earlier.
Access is granted to accredited media personnel only. Click here to access Media Accreditation Form.
The Media Accreditation period closed on August 7th, 2020.
Accredited media point of entrance will be the Media Check-in queue located at the Festival Box Office near the Main Gate (490 – 5th Ave SW). Pick up your Festival media package which will allow you onto the site. Proceed to the media check-in tent located next to the TD Main Stage.
MEDIA QUEUE PICK-UP HOURS
Friday – 1 PM – 8:30 PM
Saturday – 10 AM – 8:30 PM
Sunday – 10 AM – 8:30 PM
MEDIA TENT HOURS
Friday – 3:30 PM – 8 PM
Saturday- 10:30 AM – 8 PM
Sunday – 10:30 AM – 6 PM
- Media is not permitted backstage without a backstage access pass. If you are requesting backstage access, please indicate this on the Media Accreditation Request Form (link at the top of the page). This year Backstage Access will also require applicants to submit a photo for the ID tag.
- Photographers wishing to access the Photo Pit located at stage front will need a special pass to access the Pit (please indicate on the Media Accreditation Request Form). If approved to be in this area, please use professional and unobtrusive conduct while working; keep to the sides, or well below the audience’s view.
- The Media Office will work to facilitate requested pre-festival telephone interviews with consenting performers. Please indicate performer preferences on the Media Accreditation Request Form.
- If you are requesting pre-festival telephone interviews please submit by August 7th or earlier. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences but cannot guarantee all requests will be fulfilled.
Check in with the Media Liaison volunteers located at the Media tent. Fill out the Interview Request Form from your Media package if you wish to request interviews and leave it with them along with your contact number. This process ensures that the performers are prepared and welcome an interview.
- Performers will inform us as to whether they prefer a scrum or one-to-one interview. This is up to the performer. Please contact our Media Liaison team at the Media Tent for interviews confirmed.
- Please note: It is important to provide your cell phone numbers through the forms given or by dropping the information at the Media Tent so that you can be contacted during the Festival, as soon as information is available.
- Photographers are not part of the show. Please be courteous to our paying patrons when setting up your equipment or working. Do not block the audiences’ view of stages when taking photos and avoid flashes, whenever possible. Photos should be taken during the first two songs of a performer’s set.
- Do not set up lights and generators that will disrupt the audience or performers. If you have any questions about where to set up – please contact the Media Tent for assistance.
- Video/Audio recorders are only to be used during interviews and not during performances. Any artists not wishing to be photographed or recorded must be respected. Please check with the Media Tent for a “do not shoot” list.