No permanent positions currently available.
Join the ROOTSandBLUES Team!
The Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Music Festival is proud to partner with Thompson Rivers Student Union to offer 4 TRU Students the opportunity to work with us during the festival. Each student will receive a $500 honorarium, a four-day pass, a t-shirt, vendor bucks and volunteer camping. In exchange, each student would be expected to work a minimum of 32 hours for the festival and be on the grounds. Proof of registration to TRU will be a requirement.
The Social Media Ambassador position helps to facilitate the online presence of the Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Music Festival. Using social media outlets such as Facebook and Instagram, the Social Media Ambassador will liaise on social media accounts with our communication team, volunteers and patrons of the festival to answer questions, and share amazing moments. This is a great opportunity to meet and network with the artists and get ongoing support from our communications team.
- Facilitate the social media presence and reach of the ROOTSandBLUES through posts, shares, favorites, likes and comments during the festival
- Serve as a digital point of contact for patrons engaging with the ROOTSandBLUES social media accounts by answering basic questions about the festival
- Collaborate with our communications team on capturing the festival activities and curating a collection of self-produced images and edited film recording
- Preference will be given to applicants with own camera and laptop
- Interested applicants are required to submit a portfolio of work ready to develop and build.
- All photos will be a min. 5mb files, jpeg, 300 dpi,and sRGB color
- Willing to sign a licensing agreement to allow the ROOTSandBLUES to edit and use photos and video submitted for marketing purposes in perpetuity without additional compensation.
The Box Office Associate position is a great way of experiencing the excitement of live performance and playing an important role in keeping customers happy and things running smoothly during the Salmon Arm ROOTSandBLUES Music Festival. A Box Office Associate needs to maintain high standards of customer service and remain positive, confident and outgoing whatever the demands. They are the first point of contact for visitors to the venue and will be selling tickets. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in working with a volunteer team and getting oncoming support from our Box Office team.
- Selling tickets using our computerized ticketing system and troubleshooting said system
- Handling cash and using point of sale devices
- Assisting in the setup and teardown of the Box Offices ticketing system.
- Serving as the first line of contact with patrons engaging with the ROOTSandBLUES and answering basic questions about the festival
- Working with the Box Office Manager and Volunteer Supervisors in assisting with the training of volunteers on our festival ticketing system
Interested applicants please send a resume, a short cover letter on why you want to work with the ROOTSandBLUES and any related work to email@example.com before July 31st, 2020.