Meet our Board Members
In January of each year the Directors meet with staff to conduct a strategic planning session with the goal to improve the Festival in three major areas:
- Community Engagement
- Production Value
The Board developed a revised strategic plan, click HERE to review the finalized 2020 strategic plan. Beyond simply filling a spot on the Board each Director has a specific area of focus to improve the Society and event experience.
Currently there are twelve Board Level Committees: Each Board Committee is led by a Board Director, staff representative and may include a volunteer at large.
- AUDIENCE EDUCATION Lead Alan Bates – Val Ellis-Peet, Brenda M’Clellan
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT Lead Joyce Kenoras – Elaine Holmes
- ENVIRONMENT Lead Doug Hearn L– Alan Bates, Ian McDiarmid
- FINANCE Lead Brenda M’Clellan – Brook Roberts
- GOVERNANCE Lead Valorie Ellis-Peet – Joyce Kenoras, Rob Marshall
- INFRASTRUCTURE Lead Ian McDiarmid – Doug Hearn, Bernd Hermanski, Alan Bates
- HUMAN RESOURCES Lead Brook Roberts – Steve Atkins, Alan Bates, Ian McDiarmid
- SCHOLARSHIP Lead Steve Atkins
- SPONSORSHIP Lead Bernd Hermanski – Rob Marshall
- STRATEGIC PLANNING Lead Steve Atkins – Kimm Magill-Hofmann, Doug Hearn
- VOLUNTEER Lead Kimm Magill-Hofmann – Doug Hearn, Val Ellis-Peet, Elaine Holmes
- MERCHANDISE Lead Rob Marshall – Joyce Kenoras
Interested in becoming a Board Director?
Click this Annual Director Application to download the application to be a nominee at the next Annual General Meeting.
Annual General Meeting
The Salmon Arm Folk Music Society Annual General Meeting was most recently held online via Zoom on February 10, 2021.
Only active members of the Salmon Arm Folk Music Society are allowed to vote at the AGM. Memberships will not be sold at the AGM. If you are interested to vote at the AGM you must buy a $15 membership before January 2022.
To buy a membership Click here.
All candidates interested to be on the Board of Directors must be an active member of the society and are required to submit in writing their intention to be considered a nominee for the AGM election. Please check with SAFMS staff for the new deadline.
Please submit nominee declarations and application directly to the email: email@example.com. All nominees must submit a biography and CV to be included in the election information pack to be on hand during the AGM.